- Operate a state-wide public awareness raising program to educate donors, allied professionals and organizations about planned giving
- Maintain affiliation with the Leave a Legacy program of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (NACGP).
- Through electronic media and periodic conference calls, support Leave a Legacy groups throughout the state, and grow their number.
- Work with other committees of MPGC to bring the benefits of membership and programming to Leave a Legacy groups throughout the state.
- The purpose of the LAL-MN program is to educate the general public and organizations about the importance of making a planned gift and the impact these gifts have in supporting the mission and vision of their favorite charities, institutions and causes, for today and into the future.
- LAL-MN acts as a collaborative and educational resource for non-profit organizations and professional advisors. The collaboration is a cooperative effort to educate the community, general public and clients to promote the idea of planned giving.
- The vision of LAL-MN is to act as the central hub of communication and provider of resources related to planned giving throughout the state of Minnesota. In addition, LAL-MN will act in cooperation with NACGP as a key influencer and educator to promote charitable gift giving among people of all ages and financial capacities.
- The values of the program are:
- Competence and Professionalism
- Respect for existing autonomous LAL-MN regional groups, members, and communities throughout the state of Minnesota
- Sustainability and commitment through outstanding organization, recruitment and retention of members. To act as a comprehensive resource, providing up-to-date educational materials and assets to promote and encourage public awareness of planned giving.